Saturday, May 22, 2010

Introducing Blue Gate Photography

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. My name is Nicole and I am Blue Gate Photography. I love photography! We live in such an amazingly beautiful world I can't help but want to capture that. I'm the type of person who can find beauty in just about anything. When I'm driving down the road I'll look around and think about how I can make what I'm seeing into a great photograph.

I think I always loved photography. I can remember as a child and teenager I would get a hold of my mom's camera and take pictures of things that thought were cool. This extended into adulthood. In my group of friends I was always the one with the camera taking pictures of everyone else.

Two and a half years ago I finally got my first digital SLR camera. My Nikon D40X, I was instantly in love. I read everything I could about photography. I wanted to know how to take the kind of pictures the professionals take. I would spend hours reading online photography forums so I could learn new techniques and make my photos better. Then last May I got laid off from my job. I had been wanting to go back to school to pursue my passion further I just had not had the time and opportunity. I enrolled into classes at Sacramento City College and am currently working toward and A.A. in Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash